Monday, May 18, 2009

Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu on Saturday walked ramp on the third day of ongoing Kolkata Fashion Week (KFW) here.Basu, dressed as quintessential Bengali bride, stole the show with her showstopper act for fashion designer duo Mona-Pali.“What I love about this particular outfit tonight is it has the essence of our culture. At the same time it is very modern. It is for the modern Indian women. We are using the artistry, which is from our roots, but at the same time we are presenting the Indian women in various shades. I am very happy with the kind of work people are doing,” Basu said.Designer duo Mona-Pali showcased eclectic mix of Indian culture combine with contemporary silhouettes and textures based on Indian art and craft traditions.Another Bollywood actor Sagarika Ghatke of the Bollywood movie ‘Chak De India’ fame, walked the ramp for designer Soumitra Mondal.Soumitra’s collection was very much inspired by Indian art, culture and textile. He used fine cotton, linen, rich traditional silk and hand woven fabric for his work.The theme of the KFW has been ‘Return to Roots’ in tune with the United Nation’s Food and Agricultural Organisation declaring 2009 as the ‘International Year of Natural Fibre’.The KFW focuses on the cultural heritage of Bengal region, especially that of the handloom weavers.At least 35 of the country’s top models will sashay down the ramp during the four-day show that concludes on Sunday. . Rumour mills have been abuzz that John Abraham is not part of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali Film 'Chenab Gandhi' because girlfriend Bipasha Basu didn't want him to star opposite Vidya Balan who is playing the female lead in the film. Well, some other sources confirm that there are few remuneration issues which needed to be sorted out and once done John may after all star in the movie. This venture has been raising the excitement levels in Bollywood.Bollywood’s curvy diva Bipasha Basu says she’s become conscious of what looks good on her and what doesn’t.Females, and particularly actresses, are said to be very conscious of their looks. For Bipasha, who many would unhesitatingly vouch is the hottest looker in tinsel town, it is something she has learnt with time and experience. From bikinis to sarees, the actress today claims she is conscious of what looks good on her."Nowadays, I take a lot of interest in the way I look. I've become conscious of what suits me. I won’t do anything that I don't follow or don't feel comfortable in," said the actress who took active interest in her styling in her last release Aa Dekhen Zara .Not just clothes, Bipasha is also well aware of her body and its proportions and how it affects the choreography in songs."I've extra-long limbs. So I need steps that don't dwarf the other dancers. I understand all that now…Fortunately, we've such capable choreographers. They know I'm not a professional dancer. So they give me movements that are fun, more me," Bipasha is quoted by a news agency.Beyond her looks, choreography and even acting, Bipasha is now thinking of turning director."I've learnt on the job. I now understand script, character, choreography and camera angles. So I guess I do see myself directing a film because I know I'll be fantastic with things from behind the camera," said the actress who’s dabbling with some arthouse cinema in films like Lamha and Pankh .
Bips will next be seen in White Feather Arthouse Films’ Pankh in a super sexy avatar. The actress apparently plays an imaginary character who exists in the protagonist Jerry’s (played by Maradona Rebello) mind. Must say, Bips looks super hot with this chic new hair do. The Bong bombshell would even be seen seducing her 22 year old co-star in the film directed by Sudipto Chattopadhyay. Bipasha’s look in Pankh has been styled by Rocky S and Gavin Miguel. Hope Bips is able to set the screen on fire yet again.After eight years of being in front of the camera, Bipasha Basu says she has begun to understand the technical aspects of filmmaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment